Orthogonal Defect Classification (ODC) is a measurement system for Software Engineering. ODC extracts specific semantics from the change control logs to turn them into a powerful measurement system on the software development process. Analytics used on these data create insight and visualization for the engineering team, akin to medical imaging methods for doctors. This yields insightful process diagnosis and better development strategies. ODC is a deep area and over the years has seen publications from several noted organizations such as: Caterpillar, Cisco, IBM, Motorola, NASA, Telcordia, etc. This talk will:
- Provide an overview of ODC
- Illustrate applications using case studies
- Position ODC relative to CMMI, Six Sigma, Static Analysis, Inspections, Testing, Agile, etc.
- Address the intersection of software engineering and business & economic issues
- Identify a few implementation issues
The colloquium is open to the general public
Date: Friday, September 16, 2011 Time: 10:30am to 11:30am Location: ECSS 2.410 (Refreshments will be served at 10:15am) The University of Texas at Dallas ENGINEERING/COMPUTER SCIENCE BLDG. EC 31, P.O. BOX 830688, RICHARDSON, TEXAS 75083-0688 (972) 883-2190